Thursday, June 17, 2010

U in bed and my OCD


Summertime often means time for a vacation. Thinking about vacations made me think of hotel beds. And hotel beds, made me think of germs, bugs and bodily fluids. And that made me wonder about my bed.

My husband and I have slept in many hotel beds and the cheaper the hotel, the faster the comforter or duvet cover comes off. I've become quite a germaphobe over the years. The more I educate myself, the more obsessive I become. My husband, on the other hand, is a bit more relaxed. Obviously, check out the photo of him lying on top of the comforter. (At least, it was at a nice hotel and not like the place we stayed when we saw the Grateful Dead at Blossom Music Center in 2004. I shudder just thinking about that gross, dirty, disgusting room.)

Yet, with all the unseen germs, microscopic insects and possible urine stains, I still love the king size bed option at hotels. And thinking about that big ol' bed, made me wish we had a king size bed at home...without the hotel germs and bugs.

Supplies used:

Assorted paper
Paper scraps
Stencils
Ranger/Tim Holtz distress ink
Making Memories letter stamps
American Crafts Memory Marker
Heidi Swapp edge distresser
Inkadinkado ink pad
Fiskars adhesive tabs

No comments:

Post a Comment