Thursday, February 11, 2010

How-to scrapbook with MemoryWorks Simple Stories scrapbooking kit



After waiting many months for MemoryWorks to launch Simple Stories, the day came (1-15-10) and I ordered the Life Documented Collection, along with a We R Memory Keepers hybrid album, cardstock and additional page protectors. The package arrived a couple weeks later, giving me a chance to finally play around with the kit.





I read over the kit directions, cut apart the double-sided elements and then let my creative ideas simmer for a bit.



Three years of family photographs have been hiding in albums, with many screaming to get out. I still needed to decide which year to use in my Simple Stories scrapbook. In the past, I documented each year in a scrapbook, but stopped after finishing 2006. A severe catch-up was in order. Flipping through the photo albums, I noticed that some months didn't have pictures in certain years, while other years did. Ding! Ding! I can see the light! Combine all three years into one scrapbook. Yay! Weight lifted off my shoulders. 2010 may be the year where I am completely caught up with my scrapbooking. Yes, that is my goal and it is within reach all because of Simple Stories. Thank you MemoryWorks!

Now that I decided to use photos from 2007-2009, I chose an average of 10-12 photos per month. As of right now, January only has seven, but April has 25!! Playing with the photos and elements, sticking them in the various sizes of pockets, I realized that I must think outside the box. Vertical photos + horizontal page pockets = photos cut in half.





No problem. Good solution. Moving on to adding embellishments.



And now I'm a flower.

Scrapbooking with Simple Stories is a success so far. Please check back as I will continue posting as I scrap. I encourage you to learn more about the Life Documented Collection when you visit www.mysimplestories.com. Order your kit today at http://scrappinmemories4u.memory-works.com.