Friday, May 14, 2010

The Retweetables: Layout a Day in May (#LOAD)

May has been a scrappy month. Every single day this month, I have created a scrapbook layout, photographed it, uploaded it to Flickr and then added it to the Layout a Day gallery for LOAD. I have learned that I:
  • love to distress paper
  • have LOTS of supplies (and some are just plain ugly)
  • like to use black cardstock
  • scrap in a variety of page sizes depending on the photograph
  • love to look through all the photos and layouts on Flickr (talk about inspiration!)
  • need more time to make the things I want (handmade flowers and other goodies)
  • often leave the journaling as the last page element and I should try to focus on that more to tell the story behind the photos.
There are probably more things I could list here, but this post isn't just about me, it's about LOAD!! There are 152 members of May's LOAD and each one is very talented, creative and inspiring. Here are just a few:

Note: I tried using embedded tweets. It would have been super cool and made my Retweetables post so much easier. Yet, when I published the post, it got all screwy. I cleaned it up a bit, but I'm assuming it doesn't work well with Blogger. I apologize if today's Retweetables isn't formatted as usual. You can still try it out and it may work for you: http://media.twitter.com/blackbird-pie/

mcscraps4:

Seeing #digi #scrapbook pages makes me want to convert. Then I see all the supplies I have. Let me use up paper first. #LOAD via TweetDeckClaudia McDaniel


Had plans to catch up the blog after uploading #LOAD day 12 to flickr, but I got lost in the very AWESOME gallery. Thanks again @lainehmann via Twitter for BlackBerry®Julie Hollis

2becreative:

I should have drank that tea before tweeting! Today's #LOAD challenge will be easier said than done! lol 'cuz everyone is so Talented!via web Barbi D.
#LOAD today I will not leave my LO until the 10th hour! via web Betty Weaver

atthebluebarn:

debbiepiercey:

@lainehmann My favorite challenge has to be a toss up between D for distress or G for groupings. I'm a newbie & I love LOAD! #LOAD via webDebra Piercey
ecoscrapbook:

I've loved all the challenges. I'm learning stuff about myself and feeling accomplished as I finish each layout #LOAD via UberTwitterDanielle Hunter
P.S. In case you didn't know, I tweet as @ohiodanielle and @ecoscrapbook :)