Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kids Craft Idea: Paper Rainbow for St. Patrick's Day

Looking for a fun and easy craft to do with the kids for St. Patrick's Day? Grab your paper scraps, Glue Dots® and a few other supplies for a simple project that can be completed in less than an hour.


Supplies:

  • 6 11" paper strips (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
  • 20 2" white circles
  • Glue Dots®: Pop Up & Craft
  • thin cardboard
  • 16" gold string
  • small hole punch

1. Cut cardboard into a 7x4" oval. Punch two small holes at the top, 3" apart. Insert the gold string and tie a knot.

2. Adhere circles to the oval using Craft Glue Dots® for the bottom layer and Pop Up Glue Dots® for the top layers.

3. Attach the paper strips to the back of the oval using Craft Glue Dots®.

Here's a closer look at the cloud:


And this is what the back looks like:


Now all we need is a pot of gold! Time to go hunting for leprechauns!

Thanks for stopping by Snap.Scrap.Blog.Tweet!

You may also be interested in:

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team.

13 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love it and the colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and simple idea...I'm going to use this with my students. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute idea - i will keep it in mind for sometime in the future when i need to create a rainbow! (I don't celebrate St Patrick's Day)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. This is awesome Danielle! I am going to use this as a storytime craft at the library where I volunteer next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I'm going to use it tomorrow at my Preschool. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
    Hugs Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited that there are so many of you wanting to share this craft with your children and students. Feel free to link up your photos or posts. Thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured your darling rainbow loveliness in my roundup!

    http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/2011/03/true-confessions-rainbow-addiction.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! My daughter is planning on a rainbow birthday party (in December...we're planning ahead!) and it would be fun to have her make a bunch of these for decorations.

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I will be making this too, just pinned it to a collection of ST. Pat's ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. My girls had fun creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog and I love this project! You have so many great projects! I would love you to stop by my blog on Tuesday. I am starting a link up for awesome projects like yours in the hope that more people can discover the projects we've all made and love. The link up is especially for older projects that we feel didn't get enough attention.
    So stop by on Tuesday!
    www.dosmallthingswithlove.com
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete