Thursday, September 16, 2010

Scrapbook layouts that celebrate children

"The Girls" (12x12 Page Layout)

Browsing through any online scrapbook page gallery, you will find an abundance of child-themed layouts. As a parent of two beautiful little girls, I have taken thousands of photos during the eight years I've been a mom and have created hundreds of childhood scrapbook pages. And if you've been scrapbooking as long as I have, I'm sure you have done the same.

With thousands of photographs, not every one will be utilized in a scrapbook. Who has that kind of time? I tried scrapbooking every single photo during the first few years of my oldest daughter's life and I just couldn't keep up. That was back when I only had a 35mm camera and didn't always have the best photos.

Nowadays, we have the advantage of digital photography and don't have to worry about printing 35mm photos only to find out that several are blurry or have heads chopped off. We can save money, paper and ink by deleting the unwanted photos in our digital cameras and then crop or touch them up in any photo-editing software program. I've allowed myself to still use photo albums and only choose favorite photos to use on scrapbook pages. 

Here are some of the layouts I've created over the years that celebrate children:

"You are growing up" (8x8 Page Layout)

"This little lady" (12x12 Page Layout)

"Boys" (8x8 Two-Page Scrapbook Layout)

"Splish Splash Bubble Bath" (12x12 Page Layout)

"This Is What Life Looks Like" (12x12 Page Layout)

"Piggy Tails" (12x12 Page Layout)

"Fingerpaint" (12x12 Page Layout)

All scrapbook layouts were created by Danielle Hunter of Scrappin' Memories 4U.

Posted by Picasa