Thursday, February 17, 2011

What do you want to know about green scrapbooking?


I've been wanting to start a new blog about "green" scrapbooking for almost a year now. I keep putting it off. I'm not going to waste time listing all my excuses, but I will tell you that I have a plethora of ideas and just don't know where to start. 

Things I've done already:
  • Joined Twitter as EcoScrapbook
  • Opened an Etsy shop (no eco-friendly scrapbooking supplies there yet, but I have started making stuff)
  • Purchased ecoscrapbook.com
  • Made the above logo (handcut and edited in Picasa)
  • Started a blog (currently with Blogger, but considering Wordpress)
  • Have a Flickr group (only one other member right now, LOL)

Now I NEED your input. Please tell me what YOU want to know about eco-friendly scrapbooking, after all, I hope that you will follow me over to the new EcoScrapbook blog.

Here are my thoughts and ideas:
  • New project every Monday, possibly challenges to get readers involved
  • Gather together a design team to help with the challenges (but am I really qualified to have my own design team? I'm not a superstar scrapbooker or well-known blogger so I kind of feel weird about it.)
  • Document my Etsy journey (failures and successes)
  • EcoScrapbook or ecoscrapbook or ECOscrapbook or ecoSCRAPBOOK or Ecoscrapbook?
  • Having a Blogger blog would be easiest since I already know how to use it, but I keep hearing everyone say that crafters should be on Wordpress (I can't afford the .org now, so I would be using .com).
  • Possibly even document me learning how to do digital scrapbooking too.
  • Find scrapbookers to do guest posts about eco-friendly scrapbooking.

What do you think? I welcome all critiques, questions, additional ideas, etc. Please comment below or email me scrappindanielle at gmail dot com. I'm all ears!

Thanks for stopping by Snap.Scrap.Blog.Tweet!

You may also be interested in:

Posted by Picasa