Thursday, April 28, 2011

MemoryWorks Simple Stories Destinations Blog Hop

Hello fellow blog hop travelers! If you have just joined in, Welcome to the MemoryWorks Simple Stories Destinations Blog Hop! This blog hop is featuring TeamWorks members and our Simple Stories creations with the Destinations line.

Come aboard and travel with us to the MemoryWorks blog and navigate your way to the Simple Stories blog. Leave a comment on any blog and get a chance to win a Destinations kit of your very own! Leave a comment on ALL the blogs, you have a better chance to win! YAY! (Only one comment per blog please.)

My Destinations projects showcase photos from my honeymoon...eleven years ago! These photos have been sitting in photo albums just waiting for a kit like this to appear. I only wish I would have had a travel journal back then to keep track of all our activities and memories.

Let's see what I've done so far with the Destinations kit:

"Hugs & Kisses From Florida" 12x12 Scrapbook Layout
"Ft. Lauderdale" 12x12 Scrapbook Layout
"Mai Kai" 12x12 Scrapbook Layout
"D is for Destination Dan Marino Stalker" 12x12 Scrapbook Layout
Oh yes, we had quite an adventure in Florida during our honeymoon and there will be more layouts to come! I plan to finish my honeymoon scrapbook album during Layout A Day in May and there will be plenty of storytelling.

I also wanted to share a new technique I've been using on my photos. I scrape the photo edges with scissors:


Here's another look at two photos on a completed scrapbook page:


To save paper, I cut out the middle part of a double-sided sheet of cardstock, leaving a one inch thick border. I put the center part aside for later use and used the border for the "Mai Kai" layout and then flipped it over to reveal the other side of the cardstock and made the "D is for Destination Dan Marino Stalker" layout. (Funny story and I'll tell it later in a future blog post.)


Now, it's time to travel back to the start if this was your first destination or go full speed ahead to Sharon's blog. Here's the full itinerary:
    Start here--> MemoryWorks Blog
    Lacey Igo 
    Danielle Hunter <---You are here
    Your next stop---> Sharon Hill 
    Simple Stories <---Your last stop
      Enjoy and good luck!

      49 comments:

      1. Great Layouts Danielle!! Hopping off!

        ReplyDelete
      2. Love your projects Danielle!! love your list in the first project & the use of the tiny letter stickers! And the incorporation of postcards!! Too cool - great idea!

        ReplyDelete
      3. I really like you journaling style!

        ReplyDelete
      4. Wow you have been working hard great layouts thanks for sharing

        ReplyDelete
      5. Beautiful layouts Danielle!!!!:)

        ReplyDelete
      6. Way COOL to distress the edges of the photos. Gives it a "vintage" look but still modern! May have to "lift" this idea!!! BRILLIANT!

        ReplyDelete
      7. I love the way you were able to showcase lots of pictures on each layout! Looks like this kit was worth the wait for you! Great job!

        ReplyDelete
      8. fantastic layouts! This truly was the perfect kit for these memories. Neat idea about the distressing the photo edges. I am going to have to give that a try.

        ReplyDelete
      9. Great job. The first layout is my favorite. I love the fonts teatment. Thanks for sharing.

        ReplyDelete
      10. Wow - great job! I love how you "brightened" up the kit!

        ReplyDelete
      11. OMGoodness Danielle!! I TOTALLY LOVE your layout and the journaling!! Wonderful job and I can't wait to see more!! Could stay here all day but I guess I better get back on track but I am defintely coming back!!! Have a pickled pink time all!!!

        ReplyDelete
      12. You are crazy smart to have figured out a way to save the paper by cutting the centers out. It is so cute, you hate to cover up the other side! Thanks for sharing with us!

        ReplyDelete
      13. Great layouts and paper saving idea. I am definitely trying out your photo distressing idea as well. :)

        ReplyDelete
      14. Wonderful layouts, I'm a big fan of journaling strips!

        ReplyDelete
      15. Love it!! I love how you used your photos from 11 years ago - that's exactly what Simple Stories is all about...a quick, easy and inspiring way to share your photos and memories - past and present! Thanks Danielle!

        Amber :)

        ReplyDelete
      16. I like the idea of using this line for honeymoon photos!

        ReplyDelete
      17. I love the journaling on strips. Very cute.

        ReplyDelete
      18. Your journaling caught my attention, so cool! but the scraped pictures is also pretty neat!

        ReplyDelete
      19. LOVE LOVE LOVE the LOs :) And I love distressing the edges of my photos too...

        ReplyDelete
      20. love your layouts! the yellow really pops!

        ReplyDelete
      21. Great layouts AND great tips! Love it Danielle!

        TFS

        ReplyDelete
      22. I too am hoping to get some older pictures scrapped with this awesome kit! I have vacation photos from years ago that are crying to be used! Great project and tip on the photos!

        ReplyDelete
      23. Danielle, love the scraped photos, great idea, and the paper saving idea too!

        ReplyDelete
      24. Its amazing how you all are using the same product but your creations all look so different!

        ReplyDelete
      25. Love how you used the words in your layouts.

        ReplyDelete
      26. Great Layouts! Your's remind me that I need to journal more!

        ReplyDelete
      27. Love the layouts and love your tips! Thanks for sharing!

        ReplyDelete
      28. Love the idea of scratching the edge of the photos for the distressed looke. Great tips!

        ReplyDelete
      29. Way to go...I still haven't scrapbooked our wedding album. It's been nearly 10 years.

        ReplyDelete
      30. A lady after my own heart! I'm also a paper-saver!!! LOVE IT!

        ReplyDelete
      31. I love that your style is so versatile.

        ReplyDelete
      32. Thanks for the cool idea with photo edges. I noticed that other ladies liked your journaling list style! It's great for vacation journaling!

        ReplyDelete
      33. great layouts! I love the journaling list too. I'm inspired to get out my kit and get started!

        ReplyDelete
      34. Love your layouts...and really like the tip about scraping the edge of the photos with your scissors! I must try that! Thank you for sharing,

        ReplyDelete
      35. great projects!! i love that distress technique!!! tfs!!! jen t.

        ReplyDelete
      36. Beautiful...I love the journaling technique! TFS!

        ReplyDelete
      37. I love your photo distressing technique!!

        ReplyDelete
      38. This is a fun hop, Danielle! Thank you for sharing your awesome layouts! Way to go!!

        ReplyDelete
      39. Great layouts and your honeymoon looks fun! Glad you are finally scrapping it!

        ReplyDelete
      40. What a great idea to stretch your patterned paper farther.

        ReplyDelete
      41. Great layouts! Love all the photos!

        ReplyDelete
      42. thanks sharing your fabulous layouts & the scissor scraping tip.

        ReplyDelete
      43. Love how you played up all the vibrant colors! TFS.

        ReplyDelete
      44. Very cool trick with the scissors. I've done this with paper but never thought of doing it on my photos!

        ReplyDelete