Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Scrapbook layout with one lucky shot

Sometimes the best photos happen accidentally; an unplanned moment, locked in time with one lucky shot. In 2007, I redecorated my front porch and wanted to take a few photos to document my efforts. My only child at the time was playing on the porch with a toy gun, trying to shoot me with one of those foam darts when I snapped a photo of her. Boy, I got lucky and could not resist using the photo in a scrapbook layout.

 
Posted by Picasa


I'm still learning how to photograph scrapbook layouts, so the journaling is not as clear as it should be, but here is what it says:

"While I was taking photos of our newly painted and decorated front porch, Ashley was playing with her toy gun and shot me in the butt. As I turned around, Ashley prepared to shoot me again and while the gun was in motion, I captured the perfect moment which created this unique photograph." -August 2007

Supplies- Cardstock by Fancy Pants Design, Paperbilities, Westrim Crafts; Edge distressor (Heidi Swapp); Adhesive tabs (Fiskars); Decorative scissors (Provo Craft); Ink pad (Making Memories, Learning Resources); Rub-ons (Fancy Pants Design); Letter stickers (Creative Imaginations); Corner punch (Creative Memories); Ribbon (United Cut Products); Microsoft Publisher fonts (CAC Laskco Even Weight, Cooperplate 32bc); sewing needle, thread.

Special Techniques- Punched holes into white cardstock using needle. Threaded the title and journaling block.