Thursday, June 3, 2010

9 days of sCRAPs: A Week In The Life (+2 days)


I first heard of A Week In The Life from a tweet that came from Ali Edwards:

@aliedwards: The Basics of Documenting A Week In Your Life http://bit.ly/d7ZMeu

I didn't originally plan on participating in this, but when I was reviewing tweets for my post, The Retweetables: Inspired to scrap, I decided to give it a try. I gave myself two practice days (April 17-18, 2010) and then began an eventful week.

I took the girls to the zoo, roller skated to Michael Jackson's Thriller, experimented with eco-friendly glue, turned 32, photographed a mouse alive and dead, celebrated Earth Day, wrote an article and blog posts, had a kid free weekend, visited my alma mater, cleaned my front porch, organized my closet and ran in my first 5K. I'm always a busy body, but this week (plus two days) was like no other!

The album I created is totally old school where I just took everything and threw it together. It is perfectly imperfect scraps of my week with photos taken from my Blackberry (well, the cell phone thing isn't old school). I printed off tweets, added my to do lists, used rough drafts as background paper and doodled like I would if I was talking on the phone.

This turned into a piece of me. This album was me and I want it to be something that my girls can learn from as they grow older and share with their own children one day. I used stickers with inspirational words and quotes. I jotted down little secrets of life and pieces of knowledge that I hope my girls will learn from and utilize in their daily lives. I can only imagine what they will think of Twitter and blog posts thirty years from now.

I love the look of a messy old school scrapbook with doodles and scraps of life. This project showed me that I lead an interesting life at times and I'm glad I was able to document my tweets and blog posts.

To view the entire scrapbook, go to my Flickr page and see all 17 pages of scraps.

Supplies used:

Cardstock (Georgia Pacific)
Creative Memories Pages
Flyers, brochures, maps
Calendar
Assorted stickers (including Scenic Route)
Cosmo Cricket Journaling Cards
Fancy Pants Journaling Cards
Greeting card
American Crafts Memory Marker
Paper scraps
Melody Ross Recipe Cards
Glue Dots - Pop Up
Fiskars Adhesive Tabs
Party favors
Buttons
Cereal box