Saturday, July 24, 2010

I went to Hell

I've been to Hell, twice.

I'm in Hell!

A few weeks ago, I went to Hell...Michigan, that is. I was childless with an original plan to see U2 in Lansing. Unfortunately, Bono had to have back surgery and the concert was canceled so it was my brilliant idea to go eat ice cream in Hell instead.

And most recently, I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled and that was HELL. I'm still recovering, so in a way, I guess I'm still in Hell. Enough said about that. I want to talk about my little trip to Michigan, which just so happened to be a nice journey into Hell with all the trees and winding roads.

I knew I was in Hell when I saw two Hellishly decorated shops, a lake and miniature golf course. When I walked into into the first shop, Hell In A Hand Basket, the "regulars" were a bit surprised by what I was wearing. Apparently, I'm the only who wears a dress to Hell.

After that little fun and awkward moment, I browsed the shop, which is also a post office, and chose postcards from Hell and a shot glass as souvenirs. At the checkout, I was asked if I wanted our postcards to be burned. Hell yeah!

Postcard Burning

And then I headed over to Screams, the gift shop next door, for some ice cream.

Screams Ice Cream

And that was my trip to Hell. Do you want to go to Hell? Learn all about it when you visit www.hell2u.com. You must also heed this warning...

There's a warning in Hell

One more thing! Yes, I've been to Hell and back and I chuckle EVERY time I say it.

See more photos of the trip on my Flickr page.