Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Retweetables: Getting messy, laughing and talking about fears



I never got the chance to "Trash the Dress" after my wedding almost ten years ago. Although my dress did get a little messy because of the rain prior to the outdoor ceremony and right after my husband and I said our vows, I didn't get it dirty on purpose. Even after a professional cleaning, there are a few mud stains on my wedding dress, but I don't mind because if I would have known about dress trashing back then, I definitely would have jumped in a lake, rolled around in the sand or splashed a rainbow of colored paint on my dress.

Since I didn't "Trash the Dress" back in 2000, I trashed it a couple weeks ago on the scrapbook layout above. It appears as though I'm in water (I hope) with a sunset (an old CD) in the background. I crazily and messily distressed and inked the edges of just about everything and added a few other details.

I decided to share this layout with you today because I spotted a few "messy" tweets (and others that are noteworthy) during the past week, which are now part of The Retweetables. You must say "The Retweetables" with a deep, yet energetic voice to really make it work and point your finger to the sky. I don't know why, but this is always in my mind when I do my #retweetable post.

Okay. Here they are:

Messy
Messy & Funny
  • @CraftyChica: RT @karenfayeth: On the Shoebox Blog, "Where Glitter Comes From"...I'd always wondered. Posting for my friend, @craftychica  http://bit.ly/cetdNT
Funny
  • @luisitas: You know you are an scrapbooker if....: I was digging into my magazines and found this article from Simple Scrapbo... http://bit.ly/bWG5Fa
Fear Talkin'
Layout supplies: DCWV recycled paper, Heidi Swapp edge distresser, CD, produce mesh, brads, ink pad, computer font, Basic Grey chipboard, letter stamps, Scenic Route arrow, GlueDots.

Thanks for stopping by ScrappinMemories4U.com! See you on Twitter! And visit tomorrow since I will have a very big announcement!!

You may also be interested in:



Posted by Picasa