Meet my serial killer daughter. Three years ago, my sweet little four-year-old wanted to dress up as Scream and I let her. Afterall, she refused to look at other costumes and insisted on this one. So, I HAD to make a scrapbook page. (I totally scraplifted the layout from a book I read in 2007. I wish I could remember which one, but that was three years ago and I didn't keep track of things like I do now. If you've seen a layout like this and know who created it, please let me know.)
Okay, back to the bloody layout. Let's open it up to see a "murder"...
(The pop-up element was not part of the scraplift. I had to figure that one out all on my own. Anyway...) Here's the terrifying and fictional story about a young girl, turned serial killer...
Note: After showing my daughter (now 7) my last blog post, Mix a little gore with a few screams, add a dash of sparkle and you have a scrapbook layout, she confessed that she didn't know that Scream was a serial killer. She thought that he just chased people around to scare them.
Since we are on the subject of Halloween, I thought I'd share some Halloweenie tweets with all of you. [I've also added a little commentary to the tweets.]
- @DCWV: You asked for it!! Some project instruction sheets for my popular Midnight Spell Halloween projects! http://fb.me/sHGGR9QQ [http://dcwvinc.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween-how-tos.html]
- @scrapbooktrends: Our Halloween Spooktacular is is full swing! Be sure to swing by our blog, look for the Spooktacular banner on... http://fb.me/KFbqHApM [There are soooo many fun Halloween projects on this blog and a contest that ends tonight 10/7/10.]
- @ArtistTaraReed: Scare up some fab paper crafts for Halloween with new stamp sets for Technique Tuesday! | Tara Reed Designs http://ht.ly/2OWYw [These are so cute!]
- @LatriceUnique: Blogged: Halloween decor using some @Gluedots. http://latricemurphy.blogspot.com/ My first project as a Dottess!! LMK what you think. [She's also a Glue Dots Dottess who is incredibly talented and this is the direct link to the post: http://latricemurphy.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween-decor-with-glue-dots.html]
- @lilmousescraps: Halloween banner to do with the kiddos. I have all the supplies on hand for this one : http://digs.by/9TnT6i [Fun and easy craft for the younger ones.]
- @mmscrapshoppe: Spooky Chic Halloween Wreath: I love purple and black together for Halloween. I think they look subtly spooky toge... http://bit.ly/dlXG8R [The skull is freaky!]
- @Creatingthehive: Free Spooky Bottle labels for your Halloween Party!!! http://t.co/BrZtrp4 @dianaevans #twitterbees [You definitely need to check out these freebies!]
- @graphic45: Let's go trick or treating with Tracey..... http://bit.ly/do5efd [Three words: Alice in Wonderland. And four more: I love that movie.]
- @aliedwards: Cute little fall/halloween joke cards via @AllisonWaken - Simon will totally be into these jokes: http://bit.ly/bvftCV [Another freebie you'll want to see!]
- @Healthy_Child: Our Parent Ambassador @AlphaMom has a tutorial for an easy eco-craft: using a pumpkin for a photo display. http://bit.ly/cSUlDT [If you love photos and decorating pumpkins, this is a MUST!]
- @FamilyFun: Have a bewitching #Halloween party with the help of these fun Halloween games and make the party go off with a scream! http://bit.ly/9AQGxs [Loads of fun stuff here!]
- @craft: Printable Rainbow Owl Mobile: Here's a fun printable you can use to add some color and whimsy to any corner of a... http://bit.ly/drytK4 [This is adorable and great for Halloween. It's not spooky and you can even decorate a nursery with it. For directions and more free downloads, go to http://www.minieco.co.uk/hoot-hoot/]
You may also be interested in:
- The Retweetables: Scrapbooking Inspiration
- The Retweetables: 9 Scrappy Tweets
- The Retweetables: Just for Scrapbookers