Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Scrapbooker's Christmas Wish List

Dear Santa,

With Christmas just around the corner, I'm sure you and your elves have been busy making gifts for the children of the world. I bet you've checked your list a couple times and by now, you would have seen that I made the list of good boys and girls (I hope). To make your gift giving easier this year, I've put together a list of things (with photos like I did when I was little) that I wish to open on Christmas morning.


1. Bamboo Craft Tablet by Wacom: I will always be a traditional scrapbooker at heart, but there is something about digital scrapbooking and photo editing that gets me excited. I am finally to the point where I don't fear digital scrapbooking and when I saw the Bamboo Craft Tablet, I knew it would help me make the transition into the digital realm. You know what's even cooler? It comes with Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0, Corel Painter Essentials 4.0 and an offer from Shutterfly for a free scrapbook! Wacom's Bamboo Craft Tablet is my ultimate wish list item and if I only receive this, I'll be a very happy gal.

Wacom Bamboo Craft Tablet 

2. Papermaking Kit by Arnold Grummer: As I expand my scrapbooking skills, why not try to make paper too? I've been saving my paper scraps for years, wishing that I  could open a papermaking kit on Christmas morning, but have been repeatedly disappointed...maybe this will be the year (hint hint, Santa).

Arnold Grummer Papermill Complete Papermaking Kit with DVD

3. Cinch Book Binding Tool by We R Memory Keepers: Since I'm hoping to make my own handmade paper, I should also be able to turn the paper into scrapbooks with a nifty book binder. I have plenty of cardboard just waiting for a tool that can easily punch holes and cinch wires...and I will share it with my girls so they can make their own books too.

Cinch Book Bindery Tool

4. Polaroid PoGo Instant Mobile Printer: I take a lot of photos from my cell phone and use them in my scrapbooks. It is such a pain and time-consuming task to send or download and upload all of my pics. Why not make it easier with a little device that hooks up to my phone and prints 2x3 photos?!? (And guess what? It works with my digital camera too!)

Polaroid CZA-10011B PoGo Instant Mobile Printer (Black)

5. Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People: I'm crafty and poor so this book by Amy Sedaris is right up my alley. After reading the book review on Craft Ideas Weekly, "Simple Times" will definitely be a nice break from scrapbooking (and experimenting with digital scrapbooking) and maybe I will learn a thing or two.

Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People


6. Copic Markers: I first heard of Copic Markers on Twitter and ignored the first few tweets, but as I began to see more and more artsy people talk about them, the markers sparked my interest. I love to doodle on my scrapbook pages and these Copic Markers are bright, bold and can be used to add watercolor effects. Fun stuff, huh?

Manga Primary Kit - Copic Ciao Set (8 Marker + 1 Multiliner Pen) 

So, Santa, what do you think? Have I been a good enough girl this year to receive what I want for Christmas? I can't wait to see what you'll bring me!

Thanks,
Danielle

P.S. I'll be sure to leave you cookies and milk. Just look for the holiday chalkboard and you'll find the special treats!

In case you lose my list, you can see it on my blog, Snap.Scrap.Blog.Tweet. Thanks for looking!