It's never too early to start decorating for the holidays and a festive chalkboard is a great way to welcome guests or leave Santa a message on Christmas Eve night.
- wood plaque on stand
- small wood tree
- white acrylic paint
- chalkboard spray paint
- Glue Dots®: Mini, Craft, Continuous Line
- holiday themed paper (I used DCWV Christmas Stack and Fancy Pants notecard)
- Petaloo flowers
- Darice dried botanicals
- Colorbox chalk ink
- edge distresser (I used Heidi Swapp)
- assorted ribbon
- paper trimmer
1. Paint the plaque with chalkboard spray paint. Let dry and apply a second coat.
2. Apply two coats of white acrylic paint to the base of the wood plaque, allowing drying time between coats.
3. Apply a light coat of acrylic paint to the wood tree. Once dry, trace the outline of the tree onto a piece of holiday themed paper, cut and adhere the paper to the tree using Mini Glue Dots®. Put aside.
4. Tie ribbon along the left side of the plaque and around the dowels. Wrap Continuous Glue Lines® around the base and adhere another piece of ribbon.
5. Cut a second sheet of holiday themed paper to 3.25 x 4.25 inches. Distress and ink the edges of the holiday themed paper and notecard. Grab the tree from Step 3 and the leftover supplies to create a chalkboard decoration. Use Craft Glue Dots® to attach all the embellishments together and onto the chalkboard.
6. Use chalk to write a message.
Thanks for stopping by ScrappinMemories4U.com!
You may also be interested in:
- Photo Puzzle Blocks: A Perfect Gift for (Almost) All Ages
- The Retweetables: Design Team Calls
- Nail Polish Paintings, ecoSCRAPBOOK & Etsy
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team.