Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wishing for Success, a Busy Bee + a Christmas Cookie Scrapbook Layout

“Success usually comes to those who are
too busy to be looking for it.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Poet & Philosopher

I certainly hope that quote is true since I've been a busy little bee this week, but there are a lot of fun things going on. I...
  • wrote my first TeamWorks post on the MemoryWorks blog (and I'll be posting every Wednesday in January).
  • am creating a healthier life by participating in Live a Healthier Life in 21 Days Challenge (21DHL).
  • scheduled a new Glue Dots project here tomorrow: upcycled toy storage containers.
  • still need to finish another Glue Dots project that will be posted on Saturday.
  • must complete my Sketchbook Project and postmark it by January 15.
  • also wanted to share a recent layout that I completed for a Fiskateer's Challenge...


This is the second time I participated in a Baker's Dozen (see my last layout) and I love it since it's both challenging and fun. The requirements were to include thirteen items onto one scrapbook layout and I did it!

1. Christmas Song as a Title-"Christmas Cookies" is a song by George Strait
2. Colors Purple/Black-snowman sticker...


3. Christmas Stamping-used a variety of stamps
4. Distress Ink-inked 12x12 edges
5. Emotion/Feeling-word stickers...


6. Glitter-on the birds...


7. Brads-3 green brads
8. Circles/Ornament-on the paper, little diecuts
9. Gingerbread Cookies/Gingerbread House/Christmas Candy-cookies in the photo and candy by the snowman
10. Star/Snowflakes-snowflakes on the paper and stars on tree and stamped by title...



11. Greenery/Poinsetta-dried florals by tree
12. Birds/Pears-2 birds...
13. Ribbon/Trim-ribbon on the bottom of the page

Thanks for stopping by Snap.Scrap.Blog.Tweet! Don't forget to visit tomorrow to check out my eco-friendly toy storage project.