Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Sketchbook Project: In 5 Minutes...

In 5 minutes...
on each day in November
a girl will draw again.

In 5 minutes...
on each day in November
a blank page will be no longer.

In 5 minutes...
on each day in November
my mind's eye will see you.

In 5 minutes...
on each day in November
a wall will slowly crumble.

And then...
you will shine.

On November 1, 2010, I started The Sketchbook Project. A few months ago, I purchased a little moleskine from Art House in order to be part of The Sketchbook Project Tour: 2011. Read all about it HERE

This little sketchbook quietly sat on a bookshelf just waiting for me to open it up and pour creativity all over its pages...and it waited...and it waited.

Finally, after I finished Layout a Day, it was time to begin. I must tell you that it's been a long time since I doodled on a blank page. As a child and into early adulthood, this was what I did. Then life took over and now there's this wall I'm trying to break down, kind of like writer's block...would this be drawer's block...artist's block....doodler's block???

So, here I am-sharing with you. Each Wednesday, I plan to add the week's sketches to my blog. My goal is to give myself to a blank page for at least five minutes a day during the month of November with hopes of breaking down that doodler's block of a wall. 

Here are my first nine sketches:










This sketchbook will eventually tour America and then have a final resting place at The Brooklyn Art Library in a permanent sketchbook collection. (How cool is that?!?) 

Thanks for stopping by ScrappinMemories4U.com!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I have been slacking on mine, I like the 5 minutes a day idea.
    My sketchbook entries are here: http://cieradesign.com/category/blog/sketchbook-design/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is an adventurous project! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciera - Thanks for stopping by and following me back on Twitter. I look forward to sketching with you ;)

    Sue - Yes, it is an adventurous project, but so needed. Can't wait to share more next week! I sketched to music last night (my girls are out of town) and came up with something a bit different, yet interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from India! :)

    My topic is 'Help!'. I was so excited about it, but now I'm finding it hard to begin. I had too many ideas and now I can't pick a big one that runs through the whole book. So I decided to look for inspiration and found your blog.

    It's lovely to see people's books as they're progressing. I like the 5 minute a day concept and your style. And it's great that you're breaking down those walls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MM - Glad you found me. I flirted with several different concepts before starting my sketchbook, but decided to concentrate on doodling/drawing since I had neglected that part of me for so long. My advice to you would be to just go for it. I'm sure everything will work out as you move along with your project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete