"Love and marriage go together
like a horse and carriage."
-Sung by Frank Sinatra
Instead of spending tons of money on wedding favors from a store, you can create your own custom-made wedding favor boxes using the kanji symbol for love.
- Small wood box with window
- Glue Dots®: Micro, Continuous Line
- White paint
- Black acrylic jewels
- Black ribbon
- Black marker*
- White paper
- Paper Trimmer
*I chose to write love in Japanese kanji using a marker, but you can also purchase a kanji love stamp or use kanji font in a word application and print.
Instructions are for one wedding favor box.
1. Paint the box. Let dry and apply a second coat.
2. Cut a square to fit into the window of the box and write the kanji love symbol with black marker onto the paper. (Tip: Lightly write the symbol with pencil first before using the marker.) Once the box is dry, place the square into the window.
3. Adhere the acrylic jewels around the window on top of the box and on the closure with Micro Glue Dots®.
4. Wrap a Continuous Glue Line® around the box and attach the ribbon.
There you have it! A beautiful black and white wedding favor box showcasing the kanji symbol for love.
Thanks for stopping by Snap.Scrap.Blog.Tweet!
You may also be interested in:
- Kanji Tattoos Scrapbook Layout
- How to Make Cupcake Toppers for a Birthday Party
- The Retweetables: Wedding & Anniversary Scrapbooks
- 21 Green Scrapbooking Supplies You Already Own (see my "Trash the Dress" scrapbook layout)