It's a wonderful thing when you can be inspired, laugh and learn from a group a people without ever leaving your home. I'm not a recluse. I do manage to get out of the house at least once a day. Yet, as a mom, it is not always easy to have adult conversation when there are children around. I'm lucky if I even get a chance to converse with people who don't make farting noises and scream when something goes wrong.
I turn to Twitter so I can feel grown-up and these five people often make my day a bit better since they are funny, crafty and cool. Take a look at some of their tweets:
- Memory Monday - Laughing so hard your face hurts! http://bit.ly/936jha
- and I quote... the purpose of the scrapbook http://bit.ly/cyGKG1
- Scrapping with real cupcake sprinkles: http://theluckythirteen.blogspot.com/ I'm going to do this again soon!
- If you see my dentist in a fancy new car after next month, I'll give you one guess who made that possible.
- Pic of my very purple info table at Create-n-Crop http://twitpic.com/184rbd #scrapbook
- Best sign seen at Create-n-Crop vendor booth: "Your husband called, he said u can buy anything u want" #scrapbook
- One of my college classmates just got made a Superior Court judge. I'd feel "less than" but I bet he doesn't have 2000 twitter friends. ;)
- 5 Sites for Great Scrapbook Sketches http://knitandpurlgrrl.blogs.com/five_things/2010/03/5-sites-for-great-scrapbook-sketches.html
- Using my leftovers + a bunch of squares? I'm in! RT @SCTmagazine: Designer Challenge with Becky Fleck! http://bit.ly/9ukOKK #scrapbooking
- #Journaling, My Favorite (#Scrapbooking) Thing http://bit.ly/SBLguest02
Honorable Mention: @GetItScrapped was in my #retweetable list last week and if you are a scrapbooker and aren't following her, stop reading this blog and get over to Twitter to follow her now. Here are just a few of her recent tweets:
- Learn to use your camera--any camera!--better in 6 weeks with @katrinakennedy http://eepurl.com/j9m7
- Inspiration piece - what could you do with layered circles on a #scrapbook page? http://bit.ly/dxhGtN
- LOTS of prompts for #scrapbooking your childhood. So many angles to take! http://www.bit.ly/bOAQse
- A Brief History of Scrapbooking in America http://bit.ly/9OlKLw