Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Retweetables: Inspired by Halloween Tweets

"I've seen enough horror movies to know that any 
weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly." 
-Elizabeth, Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)

Horror movies were a big part of my life growing up. My family and I watched scary, bloody, gorey and spine-tingling movies more than any other genre. Maybe that's why I love Halloween so much and why I've done four straight weeks of Halloween-themed Retweetable Tweeter posts (say that five time fast).

Twitter has been streaming with endless links to Halloween crafts, costumes and scary stories and without it, I probably wouldn't have seen a tweet about a pumpkin photo centerpiece that inspired me to do this:


The tweet was listed in my post, The Retweetables: Halloween Edition, and leads to the blog post Pumpkin Photo Centerpiece Holds Your Autumn Memories by Camille Dawn (and was featured on the AlphaMom blog). It's not often that I get inspired to change up my pumpkin carving routine, but when I checked out the post, I knew I wanted to hammer some nails into a pumpkin and decorate it with twine and photographs. Seriously, this was truly cool and unique and I had to do it. And since we bought three pumpkins, I was still able to carve one along with my oldest daughter, who gutted and carved a pumpkin all on her own for the very first time:

I used the fireworks setting on  my camera to capture this shot.
Another tweet from my first Halloween Edition (links to the The Scrap Shoppe blog post Spooky Chic Halloween Wreath) made me do this:


The skull was already sparkling with glitter, but I used Pop-Up Glue Dots® to add the green buttons for the eyes (I would have done red, but I didn't have any of the right size-even my oldest daughter told me I should have used red). Makes it look freakier, right? Yet, no matter what, I still have to hide the skull since it scares my youngest and she wouldn't even enter the room when it was displayed. (Kind of like how she's freaked out by masks. Read about that HERE.)

Were you inspired by any Halloween tweets this year? Share your thoughts below and if you made anything crafty, feel free to add your link.

I'm leaving you today with a link to a few laughs...and guess where I first heard about it?!? On Twitter, of course! Here's the latest #retweetable tweeter who tweeted about Halloween (let's try saying this one five times fast):
  • @Time: The 20 best Halloween costumes | http://su.pr/1tPQyg [Still don't know what you're going to be for Halloween? This may help if you have a sense of humor.]

Thanks for stopping by ScrappinMemories4U.com! Hope you have a safe (and fright-filled) Halloween weekend! 

You may also be interested in The Retweetables: Halloween Editions