Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Scrapbooking with Metal Embellishments

When was the last time you used metal on a scrapbook page? ScrapTiffany's most recent challenge asked that very question and I responded with this Christmas scrapbook layout:


When I was reorganizing my scrapbook supplies last month, I came across the metal oval embellishments and frame that are showcased in the layout above. Here's a closer look at the frame that surrounds a smaller image of the main photo:


My family and I were dressed in black, white and gray colors for our Christmas photos. These neutral colors acted as a solid base for the layout which allowed red to dominate the page

I added a splash of color on the background paper using red acrylic paint. I journaled on a rose diecut (that had been hiding in my supplies for over five years) and then added wired ribbon toward the bottom of the layout that I recycled from a Christmas gift. I've always liked the look of pleated ribbon on scrapbook pages and this was the first time I had actually tried that technique. I'm assuming it's easier to do with wired ribbon rather than regular ribbon and I will be incorporating more pleated ribbon in my scrapbooking.

All the small photos were from the collage Christmas cards I made at Shutterfly (I had a code for five free cards and figured I could use one on a scrapbook page) and the larger photo is a 4x6 black and white print. Overall, I am very pleased with how my layout turned out since I'm a big fan of black, white and red layouts.

Thanks for stopping by Snap.Scrap.Blog.Tweet! Be sure to visit ScrapTiffany for more metal inspiration.

You may also be interested in: