Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Scrapbooking with Metal Embellishments

When was the last time you used metal on a scrapbook page? ScrapTiffany's most recent challenge asked that very question and I responded with this Christmas scrapbook layout:


When I was reorganizing my scrapbook supplies last month, I came across the metal oval embellishments and frame that are showcased in the layout above. Here's a closer look at the frame that surrounds a smaller image of the main photo:


My family and I were dressed in black, white and gray colors for our Christmas photos. These neutral colors acted as a solid base for the layout which allowed red to dominate the page

I added a splash of color on the background paper using red acrylic paint. I journaled on a rose diecut (that had been hiding in my supplies for over five years) and then added wired ribbon toward the bottom of the layout that I recycled from a Christmas gift. I've always liked the look of pleated ribbon on scrapbook pages and this was the first time I had actually tried that technique. I'm assuming it's easier to do with wired ribbon rather than regular ribbon and I will be incorporating more pleated ribbon in my scrapbooking.

All the small photos were from the collage Christmas cards I made at Shutterfly (I had a code for five free cards and figured I could use one on a scrapbook page) and the larger photo is a 4x6 black and white print. Overall, I am very pleased with how my layout turned out since I'm a big fan of black, white and red layouts.

Thanks for stopping by Snap.Scrap.Blog.Tweet! Be sure to visit ScrapTiffany for more metal inspiration.

You may also be interested in:


10 comments:

  1. 'Love your layout, Danielle and all the elements that make it so special! The pics. are really precious! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think it is great how you used the frame and combined color and B&W photos. This page really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool metal frame. great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi i kind of found you through blog hop and i love your posts. i am begining to scrapbook and like your ideas
    please follow me back at http://baysbooks.blogspot.com/\
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pages with plenty of photos! What a sophisticated Christmas layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful multi photo with great metal accents.. fab job.. hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is eye catching & the color combo is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a super page - i love the bold red and the painted distressed background is perfect. I love that you remind me to get out those products that I know I have hiding at the bottom of my baskets! I know for sure that I have a metal frame that I still love and really should find a use for and also some of those older MM small metal embellishment about the size of a stamp - I will have to find them and get them down! thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, that's the only word that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Thanks ladies! This is definitely one of my favorite layouts. I'm glad you all like it too!

    ReplyDelete